Sunday 31 December 2017

2017 - My Photography Highlights

For various reasons, 2017 was a year with minimal travel and holidays, so any photographic opportunities were never far from home, in Guildford, Surrey.  In fact, one of my most satisfying moments, was capturing lightning for the first time, taken from my house.  A few of the shots were picked-up in some of the online editions of UK newspapers, earning me a somewhat underwhelming £20 in commission!

Lightning Storm over Guildford, July 2017


Guildford Cathedral

My primary focus has always been on wildlife, and with minimal time on my hands, birds took a front seat this year.

Wildlife

Various interesting birds made appearances (clear highlight being the Red Footed Falcon), alongside some common species.  Here are some of my highlights:

Cuckoo, Thursley, April 2017
Kestrel, Titchfield Haven, May 2017
Buzzard, Guildford, August 2017
Redstart, Thursley, April 2017
Hawfinches, Dick Focks Pond, December 2017
Blue Tit, not looking its best, June 2017

Juv. Blue Tit, July 2017

Avocet, Titchfield Haven, May 2017

Red Footed Falcon, Frensham Common, June 2017
Little Egret, October 2017

Garganey, Shalford, March 2017
 
Peregrine Falcon, with prey, November 2017


Fallow Deer Rutting, Petworth Park, October 2017

Best of the Rest



Red Arrows, Wings and Wheels, Dunsfold, August 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment